Saturday, October 16, 2004

Mellowed out

Today was a feel-good day. This is my favorite time of the year when leaves are changing and the weather gets cooler. Here in Russia the cool usually only last a couple of weeks before the MUCH cooler weather sets in. I don't know if it's because I've lived in warmer temperatures all my life, but I actually appreciate and enjoy cold weather. What a blessing! But then again, maybe it's because I haven't been exposed to more extreme temperatures out east...God willing I'll venture out there one day soon. I went on a walk along the Moscow River with some friends yesterday afternoon and felt inspired to take a bunch a pictures among the white birch trees. These are my favorite trees in the fall because of the beautiful color contrast of leaves with the bright white tree trunks. The added blue brilliance of the sky reminded me all over again of the mighty God we serve.
Psalm 19

I'm listening to some great music by Mute Math, a group I discovered in a (Relevant) magazine ad. Check 'em out! They only have an EP out at the moment, but they'll be coming out some more cool stuff soon.

No comments: