Tuesday, October 12, 2004

First post, first snow flurry day!

Thanks for visiting my new blog! That word makes me think of mud for some reason. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had no earthly idea what a blog was. Living in Russia for the past two years, it seems I've slowly begun to loose some of my English as I try to tackle the Russian language. So new, western tech terms (such as 'blog') don't help matters. I've reached a point in learning a second language where I am forgetting even basics in my heart language! That doesn't help seeing as a primary purpose for my being here is to teach English. That just goes to show how God can use anyone to accomplish His will.
This morning I was able to chat with workers at my school and get my teaching schedule. So far, today has been a 'friendly day' where most people I've encountered have wanted to have conversations with me (with a smile!). The lady that sells watermelons next to my building told me she's been reading the Psalms from the NT I gave her. She will probably pack up and leave for 'the south' (Caucas region) before next month because it's getting cold (today there were snow flurries for the first time here). People come and go so quickly here it seems...
James 4:14-15

No comments: