Sunday, April 26, 2009

весна (spring)!

Spring is finally here! We had our (hopefully) last snowfall last Monday and now I can leave the house without a scarf and wear tennis shoes without fear of babushkas yelling at me for not dressing warm enough.
Top 5 ways you know it's spring in Russia:
1. your neighbors are all out painting the miniature fences around the building neon pink, green, and yellow (hey, after long winters here people want to see color!)
2. your shoes are caked in mud/dirt/anything that's been under the snow for 6 months
3. Orthodox church bells are ringing (one of my favorite sounds of the city)
4. All talk at work is focused on how one will spend weekends/vacation
5. One can run in the park without fear of drowning in puddles of melted snow


*Be looking out for my next post with some pictures of ultra chic fashion trends I've discovered here in Moscow. But first I need to find a USB cable for my phone so I can upload the pictures. My phone is a newer model but all the cell phone salespeople in town say they don't make a cable for my phone. Ahh...Russia.

1 comment:

Tim Rhodes said...

6. Tim and Beth are in Moscow!

Woohoo!